AUDITION CHOIR CLASSES:
Mens Choir (beginning bass clef choir)
Musettes (beginning treble clef choir)
Concert Choir (intermediate mixed clef choir)
Vocal Jazz (advanced mixed clef choir)
1. If you were in a CHS audition choir 2019-2020 and would like to stay in that audition choir, you do not need to sign up for an audition time. You can remain in that audition choir (don't be afraid to try for a higher level choir though!).
2. If you were in a CHS audition choir 2019-2020 and would like to audition for a higher level choir, you will need to sign up for an audition time.
3. If you were not in a CHS audition choir 2019-2020, you will need to sign up for an audition time.
4. If you are not currently registered for a choir class, that's okay! PLEASE still sign up for an audition time!
5. If none of the audition times work for you or if you need to change your audition time, please email Miss Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange a time that will work for you.
BEFORE Audition: 1) Sign up for an audition time. 2) Complete and turn in Google audition form which will be emailed to you a few days before your audition time. 3) Prepare a 1 minute song to sing!
WHAT TO EXPECT at Audition: Sing a prepared 1 minute song of your choice (acapella, accompanied, or karaoke) that shows off your voice, clap a rhythm, sight sing, check voice range, and aural skills. If you can dress professionally, that's great! Audition score will not be docked if you are unable to dress up. Audition will not take more than 10 minutes.
PLACE of Audition: Carbon High School Choir Room (after entering the school, go through glass door on your right that leads down music hallway, and choir room is 1st door on your right).
COVID-19 accommodations: 1) If you use the choir room piano, you will need to wipe it after with provided Clorox wipe. 2) You will not need to wear a mask during audition but will need to remain 6 feet away at all times (wearing a mask into building until your audition is recommended). 3) You will not be able to touch sight singing and rhythm exercises paper. 4) There will not be an audition paper to fill out--instead, you will be emailed a Google audition form to fill out BEFORE you come to your audition. 5) Choir door will be left open to help with ventilation so do not enter choir room until invited for your audition. 6) While waiting in the main CHS hallway for your audition, please maintain 6 feet distance between others.
Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. Thank you!
Click the link for CHOIR AUDITION SIGN-UPS
If you have any questions, PLEASE let me know! I'm excited to hear you sing!