ATTEND TODAY, ACHIEVE TOMORROW!
Important instruction, interventions, and learning opportunities are provided every day. We appreciate the effort students and families extend to attending school.
- Attendance Goal: 95% Perfect Attendance
- Monthly Celebrations for classes who meet the attendance goal.
- District Attendance Policy: Written dated excuse must be received within 48 hours of the absence.
- Major Changes
- No distinction will be made between excused absences and unexcused absences. An absence is an absence and the fact that it is excused does not change the potential negative impact the absence will have on the student.
- After 5 absences, an attendance letter will be sent out with possible interventions to approve attendance. Parents will need to contact the school with any information the school needs to know about absences.
- When a student has missed the equivalent 10% of the possible school days at any given moment during the school year the following will be considered:
- An informal investigation in the absences.
- A Mentor/Advocate may be assigned to the students to monitor and support the student.
- If attendance concerns persist in spite of the above-mentioned interventions, the school will increase the intensity of intervention by considering the following:
- A 10-day letter and request to call the school
- Implementation of an attendance plan
- If the plan is unsuccessful, a formal investigation takes place and the student is referred to the Multidisciplinary Team to develop a new plan
- Truancy mediation with a state-appointed mediator
- Referral to court for truancy
- If you have any questions about the changes in the Attendance Policy please contact us.
- Major Changes