Elementary Admissions & Registration

Please bring Birth Certificate and Immunization Record when enrolling your child in Carbon School District:

  • Birth Certificate
    Parents of children born in Utahmay obtain their child’s birth certificate from the Southeastern Utah Health District, 28 S. 100 E., Price, 637-3671.The certificates may be ordered online, by mail, or in person. Information is online at https://health.utah.gov/vitalrecords/silver/birthinfosecure.htm. Birth certificates for a child born outside of Utahmay usually be obtained from the department of health in the state in which the child was born. Information is online at NationalCenter for Health Statistics website, http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/howto/w2w/w2welcom.htm.
  • Required Immunizations* (see Appendix A)
    • 4 DTP (5th dose required if the 4th DTP was given before 4 years old)
    • 3 Polio (4th dose required if the 3rd Polio was given before 4 years old)
    • 2 Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) (Must have been given after the child’s first birthday)
    • 3 Hepatitis B
    • 2 Hepatitis A
    • 1 Varicella (Chicken Pox)
    • TB test, optional


Kindergarten round-up is held in the spring of each school year, and it is advertised in the local media. Parents and their kindergarten children are invited to their neighborhood school for orientation to Carbon’s highly successful full-day Kindergarten program and preliminary registration. Part day kindergarten sessions are available in all schools.

New Students to CSD

Each elementary school in the district publishes the dates for its new student registration in the local newspaper/radio, usually two weeks prior to the opening of school. Parents and children are invited to the school to register and find their classroom.

Withdrawing Students

Parents are asked to inform school personnel when withdrawing students. Each school has established check-out procedures to ensure the student’s current grades are provided for parents and the receiving school, all books and other materials are properly returned to the school, and any outstanding fines or fees have been paid. Students who have not formally checked-out are recorded on the system as chronically absent, which may generate truancy referral procedures. Please notify the receiving school to request student records.